Tooth filing can be painless and solve functional and aesthetic problems in the dental system. Sometimes, modeling is necessary to ensure success. It is important to understand how and when modeling can be helpful.
Painless method – Filing and modeling teeth
Tooth filing has become a popular and more widely used treatment in orthodontics. According to the top emergency dentists London Ontario specialists, Modeling can help with many problems. This is not only for aesthetic reasons but also for your oral health and well-being.
What is this technique? First, let it be known that filing is painless. It intervenes on the enamel surface and does not intrude.
After performing a dental X-ray, which aims to measure the thickness of the enamel, and the amount to be removed, the dentist makes the final decision.
Two different methods can be used to reduce and model enamel.
- Manually This is done by using a file with an abrasive sheet that was specifically designed for this type of operation.
- Mechanically This is done using a thin diamond disc or a superfine-grit cutter. These tools are especially helpful when a greater amount of enamel must be removed. These cases require manual polishing with abrasive strips.
What’s the purpose of tooth-filing
It can be quite painless and simple, but it should only be done if the dentist is in a situation where there is a clear necessity. This is important because it is an irreversible procedure, and it is not possible to return.
These are the most commonly used cases for which it’s useful to model one or more of your teeth.
- A tooth veneer is applied. The reduction in dental enamel is minimal in these cases. This is used to make sure that no “micro step” forms on the tooth’s surface after the veneer application. It could encourage the accumulation of bacteria, plaque, and other food residues. Also, do you know how much does braces cost in Ontario?
- The application of crowns. To give the crown a natural and original shape, it is important to model the tooth before applying the crown. To ensure the functionality and aesthetics of the capsule, it is necessary to file the tooth.
- Stripping, on one side and another side, is an orthodontic treatment that can be used to treat dental overcrowding. The dentist can reduce the tooth width by using an infinitesimal file. This avoids contact. These cases are where the dentist uses a small abrasive to model the teeth. This creates a space that allows for the teeth to move freely.
The advantages and risks of tooth shaping
Dental fillings can be an important treatment in certain situations to ensure orthodontic success. The modeling of the enamel can also be used to remove stains caused by improper positioning. We can conclude that filing the teeth has benefits when needed.
Although it is not an invasive procedure and does not often cause problems, filing a tooth has risks. It is important to understand that the reduction in enamel makes the teeth more susceptible to bacteria, more sensitive to heat, cold, and more at risk for yellowing and stains.
This is why it is important to see a dentist who has experience with this type of treatment. It should never be done at home.
Also, don’t forget to check the other related and interesting articles here.